GAIN PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN DIGITAL MARKETING DURING THIS REMOTE MARKETING INTERNSHIP
You’ll be part of a South African based company that runs social impact and conservation programs throughout Africa, and facilitates volunteer placements for people around the world.
As a virtual marketing intern, you’ll get a thorough understanding of the digital marketing landscape, and you’ll get to build your resume through a variety of tasks. It’s a great opportunity for anyone interested in venturing into the field of marketing, and keen to get some professional experience under their belt.
As a marketing intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Market research
- Digital marketing
- Search engine optimisation
- Content marketing
- Product research and strategy
|Marketing, SEO, Product research|
|Min. 4 Weeks|
You’ll be part of an award-winning company that has been running volunteer programs in Africa for over 15 years, African Impact. Working in seven different African countries, the company runs community development, wildlife conservation, and environmental programs on a grassroots level. Volunteers from around the world join to help make a sustainable impact, and to enjoy an enriching experience in beautiful parts of the continent.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
During this remote marketing internship, you can expect to get involved in a wide range of areas. Your tasks may vary depending on your skills, experience, and interests, but they are likely to include the following;
- Assisting with marketing research, which includes analysis of industry trends, demographics, and market demands
- Doing product research and assisting with product development and strategy
- Doing SEO focused content writing
- Assisting with SEO analysis and improvement Helping manage social media platforms
- Assisting with digital marketing campaigns
- Assisting with overall digital marketing and product strategy
The requirements for applicants for this remote creative writing internship are;
- Strong written and spoken English
- Some experience in / knowledge of content marketing is an advantage
- Ability to work well independently
- Good online research skills
- An interest in development work is an advantage
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Cape Town, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
DATES & RATES
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
What you’ll pay
Fixed fee USD 475
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor
- Troubleshooting if needed
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Please note that you will not need to pay any fee if your application is not successful.
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Marketing, SEO, Product research|
|Min. 4 Weeks|
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
”My objectives were to get to know communications work in an NGO. I've chosen to make my impact and to do something meaningful. What I've learnt is much more than communications analysis or capturing stories, and making big from small, it is also a way of thinking, of living and of being! It wasn't only a work experience but a true human experience. I am so thankful for the people I met and I will always remember their dedication to learning, their smiles and their happiness.Justine, FranceNonprofit Management Internship, Zanzibar
- Gain practical experience in marketing and communications to a worldwide audience
- Contribute to an organization that aims to provide exceptional volunteer experiences to our volunteers while making an impact in the communications they work with
- Develop your skills in digital marketing, SEO, market and product research
- Opportunity to get involved with content creation as well
- Live and work from from the comfort of your home
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this remote internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!