Be part of an inspiring initiative that offers dance lessons to children in South African townships
Based in Cape Town, the nonprofit organization uses dance as a tool for equipping children with purpose, confidence, and a positive outlet for their creativity. It’s a young organization that is rapidly expanding its programs and reach.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to help develop the organization’s communications and fundraising strategies, and you’ll be a vital part of allowing it to grow in an effective way. Depending on your skills and interests, you’ll be able to get involved with research, various fundraising activities, stakeholder management, and the development and management of backend systems.
It’s a great opportunity to join a passionate team, gain a wealth of work experience, and develop a broad range of skills. Since this internship is virtual, you’ll have the flexibility of working from home.
- Practical work experience in digital marketing, communications, and fundraising
- Experience in working on a strategic level within a fast-growing organization
- An understanding of the nonprofit sector and its needs
- International work experience
|Strategy, Digital Marketing, Fundraising, Monitoring|
You’ll be part of a nonprofit organization that teaches dance to children from underprivileged communities in Cape Town, South Africa. Their goal is to, through the medium of dance, instill a self-belief and sense of purpose in children who grow up in poverty. Through regular dance classes, the NGO equips kids with the confidence and life skills to move beyond what they previously may not have believed was possible.
Apart from teaching dance classes, and organizing showcase performances for the children, the organization also runs a life skills program that teaches kids about issues such as personal health care, conflict management, leadership, positive thinking, and critical thinking. The goal is to provide kids with strong communication skills and the right amount of assertiveness to successfully pursue their dreams.
Set up in 2017, this nonprofit organization is relatively young, but it’s growing at a rapid rate and has plenty of potential and aspiration to upscale its projects. For interns, it’s a dynamic environment with a wealth of opportunities.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
As a marketing and fundraising strategy intern with this NGO, you’ll be an essential part of a small but fast-growing organization. Your exact work will be tailored depending on your knowledge and experience, so that you’ll gain the type of experience that you’re looking for, and you’ll be able to use your skills effectively. You’ll be supervised by the co-founders of the nonprofit, and you’ll enjoy some input from a digital marketing expert too.
What you’ll do
Depending on your skills, your tasks will include;
- Doing fundraising research and helping develop a fundraising strategy
- Writing grant applications and other funding proposals
- Assisting with donor and stakeholder management
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluation, report writing, and overall strategy
- Helping run digital fundraising and email marketing campaigns
- Assisting with developing and managing backend systems
- Strong English writing skills
- An ability to work on a strategic level
- Strong organizational skills
- Ideally some experience in digital marketing and/or fundraising
- A willingness to learn & a flexible attitude
- A passion for the work this organization does
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home!
DATES & RATES
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
What you’ll pay
Placement Fee USD 475
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Personal Development Sessions
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Strategy, Digital Marketing, Fundraising|
- Gain experience in digital marketing and fundraising
- Get a thorough understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Be part of the overall strategy and development of a fast-growing nonprofit
- Enjoy hugely varied tasks, and plenty of responsibilities
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, while gaining international work experience
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!