Work with roots interns – vacancies
At Roots, we provide internships and academic programs with do-good organisations in Africa, creating meaningful learning experiences and supporting worthwhile causes simultaneously. If you are keen to work with Roots Interns, check out one of our vacancies or internships:
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (part-time)
At Roots, we provide internships and academic programs with do-good organisations in Africa, creating meaningful learning experiences and supporting worthwhile causes simultaneously. We are currently hiring a part-time Sales & Marketing Coordinator.
As the number of applications is increasing, we’re looking for someone who can assist with the sales and booking process and ideally with some marketing tasks. This person will guide interns through their booking process, help them prepare for their experience, check in with them during their internship, and liaise with our nonprofit partners. This is initially a part-time role with a temporary contract, but it could lead to a permanent – and in the long-run full-time – position.
Sales & Admin:
- Process bookings by international interns, which includes managing spreadsheets, collecting relevant information, processing payments, and answering people’s questions.
- Arrange logistics, such as airport transfers and accommodation
- Do check ins with both interns and supervisors during internships
- Collect feedback after interns finish and arrange reference letters
- Potentially assist with the screening and matching process through interviews
Marketing & Communications:
- Create internship listings on university websites
- Assist with marketing campaigns
- Assist with website updates and potentially with managing social media channels and our blog
Skills / Experience required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent coordination and project management skills
- Planning and time management skills
- At least 3 years experience in an administrative or organisational role
- Great people skills and a passion for offering people an amazing internship experience
- A passion for assisting worthwhile do-good organisations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work fairly independently
- Solution based, creative and forward thinking
- Adaptable to a fast moving and changing environment
Please note that you have to have your own computer and need to be able to work from home.
Start Date: Ideally early June
Salary: R7,000 for 2,5 days a week
How to apply: Send a motivational letter and CV to email@example.com
Below you will find an overview of the internships with our own organization. Please note that our internships are unpaid internships and you will be based in Cape Town, South Africa. Are you looking to do your internship remotely or need to do thesis research with a focus on marketing, communications, or business development, please just reach out to us.
If you’re keen to apply for one of these internships, please send a motivational letter, 2 writing samples and CV to Talitha van der Waerden at firstname.lastname@example.org.