HELP neglected dogs and cats by creating online campaigns and creative content
Be part of a small animal rescue organization in Zambia and gain valuable work experience in the marketing sector. Addressing the issues of street animals and low animal welfare standards, this organization rescues, and re-homes neglected dogs and cats, runs vaccination campaigns, and teaches school children animal welfare workshops.
As an intern, you’ll enjoy varied work assignments. You’ll be responsible for developing and producing various types of creative content and most of your tasks will be focused on media marketing & PR campaigns, such as donation, adoption programs, animal rescue and educational programs.
Using multiple tools depending on the medium and goals of the final project, you will write content, shape the visual aspects of social media posts, advertisements, brochures and more.
Zambezi Animal Welfare Services (ZAWS) was set up in 2014 by a group of friends keen to improve the welfare of domestic animals, mainly dogs and cats, in the Livingstone area. Their aims are to reduce the populations of feral dogs and cats, have a healthier, controlled population of owned dogs and cats, and to educate the local population on animal welfare, dog bite avoidance and on “one health” concepts – the concept that human health, animal health, and environmental health are all closely linked and co-dependent. The organization’s activities to date include mass vaccination and veterinary treatment outreaches in urban and rural areas, spay and neuter campaigns, educational visits to schools and clubs. ZAWS is a small, grass roots organization where your internship can make a real difference.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
You’ll be part of a small organization and while your main focus will be on media marketing and content creation., you’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in a range of areas such as grant writing, fundraising campaigns, social media management and updating and improving the existing website.
What you’ll do
- Designing and producing various types of creative content (photography and videography) for online social media marketing & other campaigns
- Designing and producing forms, booklets, posters, fliers, and banners for printed material
- Designing and producing videos for workshops, programs, events, and other activities.
- Developing a visual brand identity for programs or products.
- Help with updating and improving current website elements.
- Help with managing social media channels
- Support with designs needed for events (f.e. boards, signing) or education (f.e. booklet, info sheets) & other campaigns
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and up for a challenge
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks & a flexible attitude
- A willingness to learn and take initiative
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and an ability to write for various platforms and target audiences
- Computer literate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive,
- Great creative flair
- Experience in graphic design, photo & video editing
- Knowledge of social media channels and ideally some experience with managing channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from the comfort of your home.
DATES & RATES
ZAWS has internship opportunities throughout the year, and the start dates are flexible.
What you’ll pay (2023 rates)
Remote internship USD 525
At Roots, we do everything we can to make your internship experience smooth and hassle-free. We offer an all-inclusive service, which means we will help you find the right internship (we believe we are great matchmakers!), give you all the information you need before starting your internship, and check in with you while on your work placement to ensure you feel supported.
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Access to workshops with a focus on career development
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
|Animal Welfare NGO|
|Content creation, Videography, Design, Writing|
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
”This was an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. Doing something with your skills in an organization that really needs it, and seeing that what you do really makes a difference, gives you a feeling of satisfaction you will never have experienced before. That, and a setting that is very rough, but also very beautiful, makes this internship worthwhile. If you love animals and you are keen on doing a marketing and communications internship in Africa – look no further.Daphne, BelgiumAnimal Welfare Fundraising Internship, Livingstone
- Expand your design and marketing portfolio
- Develop a well-rounded skill set in PR Campaigns
- Find yourself rewarded by doing impactful work in digital content creation
- Enhance your creative writing skills
- Gain experience in managing a variety of communication and social media channels
- Contribute to social impact work by assisting a animal welfare nonprofit
- Be a big part of a small team and really see the results of your work
- Enjoy the flexibility of working remotely
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
NEED TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY FIRST?
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form below. We’ll be happy to assist!
Event Management Internship in the Netherlands
- 3-6 months
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Social work, Event coordination, Marketing
Develop event management skills whilst experiencing life in the bustling, colorful city of Amsterdam.
Social Internship in Amsterdam
- 3-6 months
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Social work, Project coordination, Digital Marketing
Get involved with a wide array of social work, project coordination, and volunteer management.
NGO Management Internship
- 8-26 weeks
- Cape Town, South Africa OR Remote
- Event Management, Fundraising, Digital Marketing
Help this NGO end period poverty and destigmatize menstruation.