Bring your writing and communications skills to this exciting virtual content writing internship.
You’ll join a nonprofit organization based in Cape Town, South Africa, that teaches dance to children in townships. Through the medium of dance, the organization aims to teach kids important life lessons and allow them to grow in confidence. It’s a wonderful initiative that is developing rapidly.
As a remote content writing intern, you’ll help spread awareness about this program in a number of ways; you’ll create blog content, write newsletters, and manage social media channels. You’ll also have the opportunity to help develop the overall communications strategy, and to get involved with various fundraising activities.
- Practical work experience in communications, content marketing, social media management, and creative writing
- A portfolio of online articles
- An understanding of the nonprofit sector and its needs
- If desired, experience in fundraising, and a good understanding of the fundraising landscape
- International work experience
You’ll be part of a nonprofit organisation that teaches dance to children from underprivileged communities in Cape Town, South Africa. Their goal is to, through the medium of dance, instill a self-belief and sense of purpose in children who grow up in poverty. Through regular dance classes, the NGO equips kids with the confidence and life skills to move beyond what they previously may not have believed was possible.
Apart from teaching dance classes, and organising showcase performances for the children, the organisation also runs a life skills program that teaches kids about issues such as personal health care, conflict management, leadership, positive thinking, and critical thinking. The goal is to provide kids with strong communication skills and the right amount of assertiveness to successfully pursue their dreams.
Set up in 2017, this nonprofit organisation is relatively young, but it’s growing at a rapid rate and has plenty of potential and aspiration to upscale its projects. For interns, it’s a dynamic environment with a wealth of opportunities.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
As a content writing intern with this NGO, you’ll be an essential part of a small but fast-growing organization. Your exact work will be tailored depending on your knowledge and experience, so that you’ll gain the type of experience that you’re looking for, and you’ll be able to use your skills effectively. You’ll be supervised by the co-founders of the nonprofit.
What you’ll do
Depending on your skills, your tasks will include;
- Writing blog content and assisting with website management
- Writing newsletters
- Managing and developing social media channels
- Assisting with the development of communication strategies
- Potentially assisting with writing funding proposals
- Helping run digital fundraising campaigns
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ideally some experience in digital marketing and/or content writing
- An interest in social media
- A willingness to learn & a flexible attitude
- A passion for the work this organization does
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home!
DATES & RATES
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
What you’ll pay
Placement fee USD 475
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
|Writing, Social Media Management, Fundraising|
|Min. 8 Weeks|
|USD 475 (2022) / USD 525 (2023)|
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
”The internship actually exceeded my expectations due to the kind and enthusiastic individuals that I worked with. Working with Move For Two has been an absolutely humbling and wonderful experience and I wish I could have done this internship in person. I am from South Africa, but I am currently based in the USA. Interning with MFT allowed me to have a little piece of home all the way across the world; not only was I working for an amazing organization that has the potential to transcend South African borders, but the company also gave me the motivation that I needed during these pandemic times!Dominique, South Africa, Remote writing Internship
- Gain experience in content marketing, communications, and fundraising
- Enjoy hugely varied tasks
- Use your writing and communication skills to contribute to an inspiring cause
- Be a large part of a small but fast-growing nonprofit organization
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, while gaining international work experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) which includes sharing your CV with us.
SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR
We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you all the information you need.
We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit. Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
NEED TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY FIRST?
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form below. We’ll be happy to assist!