Travel to Costa Rica and help raise awareness and funds for important conservation work being done there.
Travel to the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica and help raise awareness and funds for important conservation work being done there. You’ll learn a diverse set of skills and put them to good use, all while living in a tropical paradise.
Based in their own 4,700 hectare research center, this organization works to create transformative connections between people and the environment through education, research, integration, and innovation. They conduct long-term, fine-scale research projects on agroforestry, permaculture, and sea turtle nesting. They then share their knowledge, using their research center, or campus, as an educational space for conservation awareness.
As an intern, your role will revolve around marketing, communications, and fundraising. You’ll create content for various digital and physical channels, develop marketing strategies, and organize fundraising campaigns. You’ll develop and practice a diverse set of skills and build an impressive portfolio of work.
Based on the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica, this conservation-focussed nonprofit operates from their own 4,700 hectare research center and educational campus. Here, they run an array of fine-scale conservation research, devise sustainable practices, and establish conservation initiatives for the region. They then share their knowledge through community outreach, education programs, and online informational resources.
Their mission is to create transformative connections between people and the environment through education, research, integration, and innovation. Their work includes agroforestry and permaculture projects, in-field conservation work for nesting sea turtles, wildlife rescue, and development of a seed bank and nursery.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
There is a great scope for variety in work with this program. There’ll be opportunities to develop skills in marketing strategy, fundraising, grant-writing, web design, copywriting, and creating content for a range of channels.
What you’ll do
- Managing social media channels and blogs
- Producing informational brochures and fliers for community outreach
- Developing marketing strategies
- Organizing fundraising drives
- Writing grant applications
- Reaching out to new collaborators and partners
- Creating content and writing copy for blogs, newsletters, and other online channels
- Designing and updating web pages
- Coordinating promotional activities
- Academic or prior experience in marketing, communications, or related field is preferred
- Fluent English
- Basic Spanish skills
- Technologically literate with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for conservation work
- Bring your own laptop
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
You’ll stay on the campus near the town of Manzanillo, a short drive from popular beach Santa Teresa on the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica. This area is an area of staggering natural beauty and rich biodiversity in one of Costa Rica’s most important coastal watersheds along the Bongo-Ario basin.
The campus covers a huge portion of the peninsula and contains a great diversity of scenery. There are bungalows where interns can stay and a large dining hall where they’ll eat. There’s also classrooms, laboratories, a huge network of nature trails, and spaces for yoga, meditation, and events.
DATES & RATES
Internship dates are flexible. The exact start and end dates will be discussed with you during the selection process.
What you’ll pay (2023 rates)
2 months USD 2,871
3 months USD 3,579
4 months USD 3,933
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Shared accommodation
- Three meals a day for five days a week (you will have cooking shifts)
- Assistance with your visa arrangement & other preparations
- An orientation program with your supervisor
- Supervision and support during your internship
- Regular check-ins and feedback from your supervisor.
- Access to workshops with a focus on career development
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
- Flights to Tambor Airport (via San Jose)
- Transfer from Tambor Airport to the campus
- Visa, medical and travel insurance costs for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- Drinks, snacks, and items of personal nature (f.e. curios, gifts, clothing)
- Costs for additional excursions or activities
|Manzanillo, Costa Rica|
|Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Fundraising, Outreach|
|From USD 2,871|
- Gain international experience in a nonprofit context
- Develop a diverse skill set in marketing and communications
- Build a deep and varied portfolio
- Head up your own fundraising drives
- Contribute to valuable conservation work
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
NEED TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY FIRST?
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form below. We’ll be happy to assist!
Communication and Marketing Internship
- Min. 12 weeks
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Social Media, Reporting
Build communications and marketing skills whilst helping to lift children and their families out of poverty.
Conservation Marketing and Fundraising Internship
- Min. 2 months
- Manzanillo, Costa Rica
- Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Fundraising, Outreach
Travel to Costa Rica and help raise funds and awareness for the important conservation work being done there.
Remote NGO Management Internship
- Min. 8 weeks
- Digital Marketing, Communications, Fundraising
Make a valuable contribution to the fight to improve mental health support in Brazil.