BUILD A WELL-ROUNDED MARKETING SKILL SET PROMOTING THE VITAL WORK BEING DONE IN A SEASIDE COMMUNITY
This organization works to protect the unique habitats, flora and fauna in the Itacaré region of Brazil through a combination of hands-on eco-sustainability initiatives and community development with a special focus on youth and education.
As an intern, your main goal will be to promote their work both locally and globally, connecting the organization with crucial support and raising awareness in the community of the region. This could involve heading up your own fundraising drives, coordinating marketing strategies, creating content for social media and other online platforms, working on intern and volunteer recruitment, or expanding and solidifying partnerships with supporting organizations.
You’ll travel to the Cocoa Coast of Brazil where you’ll receive training and supervision in content creation and marketing and fundraising strategy, while having space to devise and lead your own projects.
- Practical work experience in marketing, communications, grant-writing, and fundraising
- An understanding of marketing strategy within a nonprofit organization
- Development of skills using software, online platforms, and digital tools surrounding content creation and marketing
- A portfolio of content created across a variety of platforms and channels
International work experience in the nonprofit sector
ETIV do Brasil is a nonprofit NGO operating in the Itacaré region of Bahia, Brazil since 2015. With an emphasis on youth development, they aim to advance social justice, ecological conservation, and sustainable development through a range of projects in the region. They also place a high priority on offering professional and personal development for their interns through hands-on experience working with local communities in international settings; or Education Through International Volunteering (ETIV)
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
As an intern, you’ll play a vital role for the organization spreading the organizations message, promoting their work, and connecting them with support and donors. This is a multifaceted organization, running a range of initiatives in the region, so as well as your marketing and fundraising responsibilities, you’ll have the option to get involved with a range of nonprofit work
What you’ll do
The key tasks for interns on this program will be:
- Developing marketing strategies, tracking results, and providing recommendations for new campaigns and initiatives
- Maintaining and updating data banks of the organization’s marketing and recruitment progress
- Creating weekly agendas for other team members, updating them on projects and general administrative structure
- Creating content for social media, websites, newsletters, blogs and other online platforms
- Producing and improving brochures, posters, fliers, and banners for local communications
- Organizing and executing fundraising drives
- Writing grant applications for the organization’s various initiatives
- Creating listings for volunteer/intern recruitment websites and university job boards
- Taking part in the upkeep of the complex and contributing to the overall success of the organization
- Basic Portuguese (free Portuguese online courses are available beforehand and lessons can be taken during your internship for a small extra fee)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Skills in web design, videography, photography, or marketing experience are a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Your own laptop
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
Interns stay in one of several apartments within the complex of the organization. Each has a well-equipped kitchen, electricity, Wi-Fi, filtered drinking water, and the complex itself has a shared pool and a garden where interns can enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables. A dedicated office space is available to interns in the complex. There’s also a cat and other pets living there too.
Located in the Passagem neighborhood of Itacaré , the accommodation is a short walk from the historic downtown and the closest beach, Praia Concha. Itacaré is a quaint surf town located in the north eastern part of Brazil along the Cocoa Coast (so called for its vast cocoa plantations). It’s situated right between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mata Atlantica Rainforest. So, you can expect stunning scenery with beautiful beaches, waterfalls, jungles, and coconut trees.
DATES & RATES
Internships generally take place between March and November. Start and end dates of the internship are flexible and will be discussed during the application process.
What you’ll pay (2023 rates)
2 months USD 1,800
3 months USD 2,550
4 months USD 3,300
5 months USD 3,900
6 months USD 4,500
Remote internship: USD 525
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Accommodation in shared apartment
- Taxi transfer from Ilheus airport to your accommodation in Itacare (approx. 1.5 hours)
- Assistance with your visa arrangement & other preparations
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- On the ground support during your stay
- Regular check-ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Access to free workshops with a focus on career development
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
- Visa, medical and travel insurance costs for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- Meals, drinks, snacks, and items of personal nature (f.e. curios, gifts, clothing)
- Costs for additional excursions or activities
|Education and Conservation NGO|
|Digital Marketing, Content creation, Strategy, Fundraising|
|Min. 3 months|
|From USD 2,550|
- Develop a well-rounded skill set in marketing, fundraising, communications and content creation
- Build a wide and varied portfolio of content and copy in a variety of different platforms and channels
- Make an impact for environmental conservation and community development in the area
- Live and work in an area of unparalleled natural beauty, the Cocoa Coast of Brazil
- Polish up on Portuguese with optional lessons both before and during your internship
- Complete your internship remotely or in person
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) which includes sharing your CV with us.
SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR
We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you all the information you need.
We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit. Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
NEED TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY FIRST?
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form below. We’ll be happy to assist!