Remote Business Development Internship
If you’re interested in strategic development, this online business development internship could be a great opportunity for you.
As an intern, you’ll join Digital Butter, a digital marketing agency based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Apart from working with corporate clients, Digital Butter offers pro bono services to nonprofit organizations that are working on a grassroots level, and lack the funding and resources to run effective online communications and fundraising campaigns. Digital Butter’s goal is to upskill these organisations in the right areas, so that they can make a larger impact on the ground. They are in the process of developing this pro bono program further, which requires research and effective strategizing. As a business development intern, you’ll be a vital part of this development phase. It’s a great opportunity to work on an exciting strategic project, boost your resume, and contribute to important causes at the same time.
As a business development intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Strategic development
- Digital marketing in a nonprofit setting
- Business development
- Organisation Digital Marketing agency
- Work Focus Marketing, Research, Strategy
- Length of Internship Min. 4 weeks
- Fee USD 375
During this online digital marketing internship, you’ll be part of Digital Butter, a small agency based in Johannesburg. Besides working with corporate companies, Digital Butter is proud to offer free consultancy services to a number of social development and environmental organisations in South Africa. Many charitable organisations are underfunded and under-resourced, and a lack of digital marketing skills often results in a lack of funding. Digital Butter is passionate about upskilling the nonprofit sector, and they help implement and manage communication and marketing strategies, and online fundraising campaigns.
During this remote business development internship, you’ll work closely with Digital Butter’s founders to further develop their consultancy services to nonprofits. Your tasks will depend on your skills and experience, but they are likely to include the following;
- Assessing the current services and their effectiveness
- Doing research into the South African nonprofit sector and its needs
- Creating effective surveys for data collection and analysis
- Creating a report of the major difficulties the nonprofit sector faces
- Identifying the training needed to upskill the nonprofit clients
- Helping improve consultancy services and create workshops
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Johannesburg, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
The requirements for applicants for this remote creative writing internship are;
- Strong verbal and written
- Strong analytical and research skills
- An interest in business development
- An interest in the nonprofit sector is an advantage
- Ability to work well independently
The Application Proces
If you’d like to apply for this remote writing internship, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
Internship Placement Fee
You’ll pay a once-off placement fee of $375. This covers for the following;
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Troubleshooting if needed.
Optional Extra: Academic Guidance
At an additional fee of $75 a month, you’ll receive monthly sessions with a local lecturer, who will support you in placing your work experience in the context of your academic course, and assist you with any report writing and/or research you’re required to do.