HELP this nonprofit expand international strategic and funding partnerships
If you’re looking to gain practical work experience in business development, this internship could be a great opportunity for you. You’ll join an education focused nonprofit that’s based in Johannesburg, South Africa. It’s a well established and successful organization that is looking to expand internationally in terms of its partnerships and fundraising, and as an intern, you can be an integral part of this process.
Depending on your skills and experience, you’ll do market and fundraising research, you’ll lay the foundation for new international partnerships, and you’ll help design and implement an overall international fundraising strategy. This internship is a wonderful opportunity to gain a wealth of experience, and contribute to the growth of an inspiring organization.
While the organization is based in Johannesburg, South Africa, you’ll have the flexibility of doing this internship remotely.
|Cape Town, South Africa|
|Facilitation, Research, Reporting, Monitoring, Education, Tree planting|
Education Africa, which was founded in 1992, is dedicated to alleviating poverty through education. Founded on the notion that high quality education can lead to real change, this South African nonprofit organization is on a mission to prepare young people for the job market. Education Africa has a track record of delivering successful projects, and has had the support of individuals like Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu.
The organization’s current projects include:
- UNISA Certificate Programs
- Early Childhood Development
- Education Africa Model UN
- Walter Sisulu Scholarship Fund
- International Arts & Culture
Education Africa is a registered nonprofit in five countries, including South Africa, USA, England, Austria and Germany. The potential for growth and social impact is large.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
Your tasks during this business development internship might vary depending on your experience, but you’ll likely be doing some of the following;
- Researching corporate funding opportunities
- Researching and creating strategies on how to leverage Education Africa’s global reach
- Helping to create corporate sponsorship strategies
- Doing market research and analysis
- Assisting with running online fundraising platforms
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work on a strategic level
- A passion for the work Education Africa does
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from home. You’ll connect virtually with your colleagues in South Africa through regular meetings and check-ins.
DATES & RATES
You can start your internship with this organization every week. Please keep in mind this organization is closed for several weeks of summer holiday at the end of the year.
Placement fee USD 475
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Personal Development Sessions
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Research, Strategy, Fundraising, Partnerships|
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with a well established nonprofit with further growth potential
- Work on a strategic level and help develop and implement a growth strategy
- Gain practical work experience in research, business development, marketing, and fundraising
- Gain insights into the nonprofit sector in an African context
- Gain international work experience while working from home
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!