An opportunity to further develop your writing skills and to explore the fundraising landscape
If you’re a skilled writer, and you’d like to advance your craft further, here’s an opportunity to gain some practical experience in writing grant applications and funding proposals.
You’ll join Developing Radio Partners, a US-based nonprofit that runs media-focused projects across sub-Saharan Africa. DRP’s mission is to strengthen local radio and other media to address important issues impacting people’s lives. They do this by training local talent to become successful storytellers and broadcasters.
As a grant writing intern, you’ll focus on finding relevant funding opportunities, drafting applications and proposals, and putting impact reports together. It’s a wonderful opportunity to further develop your writing skills, to explore the fundraising landscape, and to contribute to an inspiring mission.
This grant writing internship is available remotely, so you can work from anywhere. The right candidate has excellent writing skills, an ability to work independently, and a hunger to learn about fundraising.
|Cape Town, South Africa|
|Facilitation, Research, Reporting, Monitoring, Education, Tree planting|
Developing Radio Partners (DRP) believes radio can change minds and lives. Driven by this premise, this nonprofit organization uses the medium of radio to bring reliable and important information to rural communities in Africa. In partnership with local broadcasters in Zambia, Malawi, and Burkina Faso, Developing Radio Partners help disseminate information on issues such as environment, agriculture, health, and governance. The broadcasts offer ideas and facts that can bring easy-to-implement solutions to everyday challenges, and improve people’s lives in significant ways.
Working in a solution-focused way, the DRP team thoroughly researches the needs of communities and its local radio stations, before developing skill-development programs in partnership with local journalists. Through weekly bulletins on relevant and practical topics, and by encouraging engagement through radio listening clubs, the right information reaches people who most need it.
Started in 2004 by one of the founders of National Public Radio in the United States, Developing Radio Partners is a well-established organization that has created tangible impact in many African communities.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
- As a grant writing intern, you’ll focus on the following work;
- Doing fundraising research; finding suitable grant and other funding opportunities
- Writing grant applications
- Creating funding proposals
- Assisting with writing impact reports
- Potentially working on other writing projects
- Excellent and persuasive writing skills
- Great research skills
- Good time management skills
- An ability to absorb material quite quickly
- A passion for the work Developing Radio Partners does
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from the comfort of your home.
DATES & RATES
Start and end dates for this internship are flexible and will be discussed during the application process.
What you’ll pay
Placement fee USD 525 (2023)
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
|Research, Reports, Funding proposal, Grant writing|
|Min. 8 Weeks|
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
”Roots has been very easy to communicate from the start. The short-term experience with my internship organization has also been amazing! The managers are all very approachable and offered tons of support and suggestions to help improve my work. Some of the things I worked is conducting Social Return on Investment report for the organization and research on funding opportunities; I will definitely miss my time with them!Wenqian, Remote Grant writing internship
- Boost your resume and sharpen your writing skills by writing grant applications and funding proposals
- Get a thorough understanding of the fundraising landscape
- Contribute to the development of inspiring nonprofit work in developing countries
- Be a big part of a small team and really see the results of your work
- Have the flexibility to work from home
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
NEED TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY FIRST?
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form below. We’ll be happy to assist!
Marketing and Fundraising Internship
- Min 8 weeks
- Cusco, Peru OR Remote
- Marketing, Fundraising, Strategy, Communications
Develop a broad marketing skill set promoting the crucial work being done for Cusco’s most vulnerable young people
Marketing and Fundraising Internship
- Min. 3 months
- Bahia, Brazil
- Digital Marketing, Content creation, Strategy, Fundraising
Build a well-rounded marketing skill set promoting vital work done in a seaside community