Begin an exciting journey to uncover the insights of business growth and development.
Picture yourself as an intern, not just an observer, but an integral part of a dynamic team driving an organization’s success. You’ll start off with two weeks of intensive Spanish classes before starting this internship that will offer you a valuable chance to dive headfirst into the world of business operations and strategic decision-making.
Imagine being at the forefront of analyzing data, spotting trends, and transforming numbers into actionable insights that boost business growth and efficiency. One of the great things about this internship is that you won’t be working in isolation. You’ll be part of a collaborative dream team, working hand in hand with experts from different domains, all united in the pursuit of achieving the company’s ambitious goals.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be a driving force behind business excellence. Immerse yourself in this opportunity and write the next chapter of your success story with this great internship opportunity!
- Develop the ability to collect, clean, and analyze data to derive meaningful insights.
- Understand the process of gathering and documenting business requirements from stakeholders.
- Learn how to analyze existing business processes to identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Develop problem-solving skills by working on real-world business challenges.
This organization has been on a mission to bridge the gap between students and a vast global network of trusted partners ever since their creation. Their aim is to not just connect them but to empower them to take part in sustainable projects across the globe. This approach is truly unique as it serves as a launchpad for students to hone their skills while immersing themselves in projects that hold genuine meaning.
Over the course of 10 years, they have witnessed remarkable growth. Their partner network has flourished, now spanning across 135 universities and business schools all throughout Europe. This expansive network has opened doors for over 3000 students, offering them professional training and invaluable internships within the humanitarian sector.
As we look towards the future, their organization remains dedicated to its mission, driven by the belief that education, travel, and meaningful experiences can change lives and, ultimately, the world.
TASKS & REQUIreMENTS
During this internship, you will play a vital role in supporting the organization’s business operations and strategic decision-making processes. Your stay in Barcelona will start off with 2 weeks of Spanish classes (20 hours per week) and cultural immersion. After that, you will start your internship.
- Assist in collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data from various sources to uncover meaningful insights.
- Conduct research to understand industry trends, competitive landscapes, and customer preferences.
- Collaborate with different departments to map out existing business processes.
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather and document business requirements for new projects or process enhancements.
- Assist in defining key performance indicators (KPIs) and developing dashboards to track business performance.
- Create visually appealing and informative presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to understand their needs and challenges.
- Assist in project management activities, including scheduling, task tracking, and documentation.
- Analyze complex business problems, identify root causes, and propose practical solutions.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for working with data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Adaptability and eagerness to learn in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with basic project management concepts
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
While in Barcelona, your accommodation for the first two weeks of your cultural immersion is fully covered as part of your program fee. After two weeks you will have the flexibility to seek alternative housing arrangements, or extend your stay.
You will share an apartment where you will reside alongside 4 to 5 other students. You will have your own private bedroom which will provide you with a personal space to relax and unwind. In addition to your individual bedrooms, you will also share common facilities such as a bathroom and a kitchen.
Safety & Support
Barcelona is a safe place to visit, but like any other tourist destination be aware of pickpocketing and bag snatching. Be careful with your valuables. Although at night many places are safe to walk, it’s better to avoid walking alone.
Your accommodation provides free WifI access to stay in touch with family and friends during your stay.
Meals are not included in the fees. You can prepare your own meals in your apartment or go out.
During your internship, you will be staying in one of the most vibrant and culturally rich cities in the world, Barcelona. You cannot miss the modernist landmarks designed by Antoni Gaudí (such as Sagrada Família or Park Güell), visit a modern art museum, take a dive in the Mediterranean on one of many beaches or just enjoy the end of the day in a pinchos bar. There is always something to do in Barcelona.
DATES & RATES
Start and end dates for the internship with this organization are flexible and will be discussed during the application process.
What you’ll pay (2024 rates)
Starter Pack (2 weeks) EUR 2,425
Accommodation extension EUR 275 per week
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An academic internship eligible for university credit. Check with your university to confirm if this internship qualifies for credit or alternatively we can assist you with purchasing transfer credits.
- Two weeks of Spanish language classes and cultural immersion (20 hours per week)
- Transfer upon arrival from El Prat de Llobregat Aeropuerto (Barcelona Airport) to your accommodation
- Private room in shared apartment for first two weeks
- Assistance with your visa arrangement and other preparations
- An orientation program with your supervisor
- Supervision and support during your stay
- Regular check-ins during your internship with your supervisor
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
- Flights to El Prat de Llobregat Aeropuerto (Barcelona Airport)
- Accommodation after two weeks. It is possible to extend your stay in the accommodation or alternatively find your own accommodation
- Visa and medical/travel insurance costs for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- Meals, drinks, snacks, and items of personal nature (f.e. curios, gifts, clothing)
- Costs for additional excursions or activities
Some of our most commonly asked questions for programs in Spain.
An internship in Spain is the perfect opportunity to add to your resume with real work experience while traveling and contributing to a meaningful cause! You’ll have the chance to explore the country and all it has to offer; from beautiful beaches to rolling mountains and everything in between, you’ll be immersing yourself in all that the Spanish culture has to offer. So not only will you be getting to learn what it’s like to work in a grassroots organization, you’ll get the pleasure of doing this in a gorgeous country. A win-win!
No doubt about it! Doing any internship is a great chance to get a glimpse into a career path and put your academic background and skills to the test in practical situations. Going abroad in any context is an eye-opening experience that allows you to connect with new people and discover a different culture. Working with a nonprofit anywhere in the world is an enriching opportunity to contribute to sustainable development and make a difference in the lives of communities. When you put all three together, you’ve got a resume-enhancing and character-building experience that is sure to help you in future plans, no matter which career path you take. Check out this blog for more reasons on how a nonprofit internship abroad can boost your career goals.
Yes our internships qualify for university credits, but you must check with your academic advisor to ensure your university approves this. We can also assist you with purchasing transfer credits to add onto your experience.
Unfortunately, no. All internships with nonprofit organizations are based on a voluntary work placement, meaning you will not receive a stipend of any kind. You can look into various ways to fund your internship experience so that you can embark on a journey that is sure to bring a wealth of new knowledge and opportunities for personal and professional growth (which are both invaluable!).
- Get the chance to develop your skills while engaging in meaningful and educational travel experiences.
- Get hands-on experience in a real professional setting.
- Gain a diverse set of transferable skills that can be highly sought after in various industries.
- Get the chance to build a professional network, which can be important in your career advancement.
- Immerse yourself in the beautiful and vibrant culture of Barcelona.
Social Entrepreneurship Internship
- 3-6 months
- Nkhata Bay, Malawi OR Remote
- Marketing, Fundraising, Business Development, Research, Operations
Marketing & Development Internship
- 8-26 weeks
- Bela-Bela, South Africa OR Remote
- Fundraising, Research, Reporting, Business Development
- 2-6 months
- Nkhata Bay, Malawi OR Remote
- Accounting, Reporting, Fundraising