Virtual Communications Internship with Volunteer Organisation
Join an award-winning volunteer organisation for a remote internship that will give you some great work experience in the communications field. As an intern, you will get insight into the communications strategy and methods of an internationally focused company, and you will gain practical work experience in a wide range of areas. It’s a great opportunity to broaden your knowledge, sharpen your skills, and build your resume. And as this internship is remote, the setup is wonderfully flexible.
As a communications intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Social media strategy
- Content writing
- Content marketing
- Communication strategy
- Search engine optimisation
- Organisation Volunteer organization
- Work Focus Social media, writing, SEO, websites
- Length of Internship Min. 4 weeks
- Fee USD 375
You’ll be part of an award-winning company that has been running volunteer programs in Africa for over 15 years, African Impact. Working in seven different African countries, the company runs community development, wildlife conservation, and environmental programs on a grassroots level. Volunteers from around the world join to help make a sustainable impact, and to enjoy an enriching experience in beautiful parts of the continent.
During this remote communications internship, You can expect to have the following tasks;
- Managing social media platforms
- Writing web content and assisting with website management
- Writing content for blogs and newsletters
- Assisting with development and implementation of communication campaigns
- Helping with SEO analysis and improvement
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Cape Town, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
The requirements for applicants for this remote creative writing internship are;
- Strong written and spoken English
- Some experience in / knowledge of content marketing is an advantage
- Ability to work well independently
- Good online research skills
- An interest in development work is an advantage
The Application Proces
If you’d like to apply for this remote writing internship, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
Internship Placement Fee
You’ll pay a once-off placement fee of $375. This covers for the following;
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Troubleshooting if needed.
Optional Extra: Academic Guidance
At an additional fee of $75 a month, you’ll receive monthly sessions with a local lecturer, who will support you in placing your work experience in the context of your academic course, and assist you with any report writing and/or research you’re required to do.