With the spread of the Coronavirus in mind, we’ve adjusted our booking policies so it’s easier to change your travel plans since the virus has become a serious threat.
These are the changes we’ve put in place;
- If you have booked your internship and need to postpone because of travel warnings and travel bans, you can do so at no extra cost. You’ll be able to postpone your arrival until December 31st, 2021. If you change to an internship placement that has a lower fee, we will refund the difference. If you change to an internship placement with a higher fee, you will need to pay for the difference.
These adjusted policies apply IF:
- There IS a confirmed outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID19), as defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO), in the country to which you are interning AND
- The WHO and at least one of the G5 countries (France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States of America) must issue a Level 3 Travel Advisory (advising against all but essential travel) for travel to the country of the internship, on the grounds of Corona Virus.
- Roots Interns is not responsible for any incidental expenses that an intern may have incurred as a result of the booking, such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights, etc.
- We urge our interns to take out a premium travel insurance that will cover for cancellations due to the Coronavirus. Please make sure your policy would cover you if the Coronavirus is the reason for you to revise your plans.
Does my travel insurance cover me if I need to cancel my internship:
This depends entirely on your specific insurance. Most insurance companies offer a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) coverage, which would cover for a percentage of the loss, depending on the level of CFAR coverage purchased, and provided the trip is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to scheduled departure. Please ask your insurance company the right questions to ensure that you are covered.
Has the Coronavirus spread to our internship destinations?
You can track the worldwide situation here; https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/.
What if I want to postpone my internship?
If you’re worried about traveling and you’d like to postpone your internship, we will happily arrange this for you. We will see if your internship is available at a later date, and if so, we’ll re-book you. If this specific internship has no availability at a later date of your choice, we will make sure to find you another suitable position. We will re-book you at no extra cost.