Great to see you are interested in one of the nonprofit internships that Roots has listed on NUworks system from Northeastern University for the next co-op round. With our internships, you are able to gain valuable work experience, while at the same time contributing to the important work that is happening at a grassroots level all around the world. You’ll be a large part of a small team doing something amazing for something you are passionate about.
Please note the following:
- You will not receive a stipend of any kind because all internships with our nonprofit partners are based on a volunteer work placement.
- Fees apply and need to be paid once Roots has secured you a placement. How much you pay depends on your destination, duration of the co-op, and the accommodation type. You will find an indication of the fees with the listing on the Northeastern platform as well as on our website in the section ‘dates and fees’ under each internship listing.
Northeastern supports students’ global travels by offering financial aid through the following options:
- Presidential Global Scholarship administered by the Student Financial Services office. More info
- The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships offers aid for global co-ops involving research. More info
- Employer Engagement and Career Design may help with funds to cover the agency fee. More info
- Colleges may have their own funding for global experiences. Check with your Co-op Coordinator