Virtual Nonprofit Management Internship with Filmmaking Charity
If you’re interested in the nonprofit sector and would like to gain some practical work experience, this is a great opportunity. During this remote internship, you’ll be part of a South African non profit organisation that spreads awareness of important issues through a solar power mobile cinema. Taking their cinema to rural communities across the country, the dedicated team screens short films that provide simple solutions to social and environmental issues these communities are facing. As an intern, you’ll get involved in communications, marketing, and fundraising, and you can expect to get a good understanding of the running of a grassroots organization with a good cause.
As remote nonprofit management intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Digital marketing
- Copywriting and content management
- Nonprofit management and development
- Stakeholder management
- Organisation Filmmaking nonprofit
- Work Focus Marketing, Fundraising, Social Media, PR
- Length of Internship Min. 6 weeks
- Fee USD 375
During this remote nonprofit internship, you’ll be part of Sunshine Cinema, a mobile cinema that converts solar power into social impact. Through screening various types of dynamic educational, interactive content, media training workshops, they address social and environmental challenges through community partnerships. Sunshine Cinema has a research team that scouts out appropriate technologies – simple engineering solutions – already in use across the continent, documents these, and edits the footage into three-minute clips with practical information and how-to instructions. These are shared with rural communities during screenings and workshops across the continent, using a mobile solar cinema. It’s an environmentally sustainable way to share important and directly usable innovations by Africans, with Africans.
Since 2013 they have screened to over 6,000 direct audience members across Southern Africa. This organization believes in harnessing the power of media to create social change – turning passive viewers into active voices!
During this remote marketing internship, you can expect to get involved in a wide range of areas. Your tasks may depend on your skills and interests, but are likely to involve the following;
- Helping develop and run marketing campaigns
- Assisting with a variety of fundraising activities
- Managing social media channels
- Assisting with public relations matters
- Assisting with video editing, if you have experience
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Cape Town, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
The requirements for applicants for this remote nonprofit Management internship are;
- Strong written and spoken English
- A can-do attitude and ability to work quite independently
- An interest in film making
- Ideally some experience in social media management
- Experience with video editing would be preferable
The Application Proces
If you’d like to apply for this remote writing internship, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
Internship Placement Fee
You’ll pay a once-off placement fee of $375. This covers for the following;
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Troubleshooting if needed.
Optional Extra: Academic Guidance
At an additional fee of $75 a month, you’ll receive monthly sessions with a local lecturer, who will support you in placing your work experience in the context of your academic course, and assist you with any report writing and/or research you’re required to do.