Virtual Content Writing Internship with Social Enterprise
Gain a wealth of experience in content writing and content marketing during this remote writing internship.
You’ll be part of a photography organisation that has both a travel company and a charity, and that uses photography as a way to make a positive impact in Southern Africa. As a virtual content writing intern, you’ll contribute to the overall message of the organisation, and you’ll be able to greatly improve your writing skills. If you are interested in building a content writing portfolio, enhancing your resume, and gaining a thorough understanding of the content marketing field, this internship is a great opportunity.
As a content writing intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Content marketing
- Creative writing
- Search engine optimisation
- Online research
- Strategic communications
- Organisation Photography social enterprise
- Work Focus Writing, SEO, social media, blogs
- Length of Internship Min. 4 weeks
- Fee USD 375
Penda is a young social enterprise that uses photography to create amazing experiences and to generate positive change. It consists of a travel company, Penda Photo Tours, and a nonprofit organisation, Penda Trust.
Penda Photo Tours offers photography workshops and safaris across the world. All trips are fully focused on creating incredible photographic opportunities, and guided by professionals. During most trips, guests can contribute to worthwhile social impact or conservation charities through photography, adding a purposeful element to the experience.
Penda Trust is a nonprofit that uses photography as a tool to support important conservation and community projects in South Africa. This is done through the following methods:
- Providing grass-roots charities with professional photographs that they can use to raise awareness about their issues and fundraise for their causes. Visual marketing is essential for any charity to get their word across, and good photography is a vital part of this. We identify non-profit organisations in developing countries that will benefit from having professional photographs, and document their work.
- Hosting photography workshops for talented young individuals in underprivileged communities. Photography can give people a voice. We identify young individuals with an interest in and talent for photography, and provide workshops where we encourage them to tell their stories, and the stories of their communities, through photography. We teach them creative self-expression, and the power visual images can have. Participants are encouraged to raise awareness about issues that matter most to them, which stimulates positive activism.
- Highlighting important issues by creating and exposing great photography. We fund and organise expositions to present photography that would otherwise not be seen; photography that tells important stories, highlights the work of important organisations, and gives a communications platform to these causes.
During this remote creative writing internship, you’ll be creating content on a number of digital platforms. As a content writing intern, you’ll assist in this content creation in a variety of ways.
You can expect to have the following tasks;
- Writing SEO focused web content for both websites
- Creating content for Penda’s blogs and occasionally for external platforms
- Assisting with SEO analysis and improvement
- Helping manage social media platforms
- Assisting with overall content strategies
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Cape Town, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
The requirements for applicants for this remote creative writing internship are;
- Strong English writing skills
- Some experience in content writing
- Some knowledge of content marketing / SEO is an advantage
- Ability to work well independently
- Good online research skills
- An interest in photography is an advantage
The Application Proces
If you’d like to apply for this remote writing internship, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
Internship Placement Fee
You’ll pay a once-off placement fee of $375. This covers for the following;
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Troubleshooting if needed.
Optional Extra: Academic Guidance
At an additional fee of $75 a month, you’ll receive monthly sessions with a local lecturer, who will support you in placing your work experience in the context of your academic course, and assist you with any report writing and/or research you’re required to do.