SEO, Web Management & Social Media Internship at NGO, Cape Town
Are you social media savvy? Do you have a niche for search engine optimization? Are you looking to use you web management skills in an impactful way? We are happy to offer an internship for someone with strong SEO practices to join the Earthchild Project team. Earthchild Project receives support based on the images, videos and other content they share through their social media platforms and website. Much of Earthchild Project’s support comes from donors who have connected with them online due to their efficient SEO practices. It is important to Earthchild project to have you work closely with the team in order to produce the best possible results, while you get to fully immerse yourself in all that EarthChild Project stands for. This SEO, Web Management and Social Media Internship, will allow you to meet inspiring earthchildren and staff while learning about a holistic approach to education. Earthchild’s mission is to create sustainable and meaningful change through the practice of yoga/meditation, enviro-education and leadership training. At Earthchild Project you will grow your roots in the field of Web Management. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a positive and uplifting initiative while gaining valuable work experience in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
- Destination Cape Town, South Africa
- Type of organization Social enterprise
- Work focus SEO, Web Management and Social Media
- Length of internship Minimum 8 weeks
- Accommodation Choice of several types
- Fee as from USD 1,614 for 8 weeks
After traveling and working on an eco-village in South America for one year, Janna Kretzmar arrived back in Cape Town at the beginning of 2006. Her heart was set on one thing – to find a way to transform our schools. Earthchild Project works within the existing school structures, by placing Earthchild Project coordinators in schools to introduce and maintain our programs. They are supported by the teachers, parents and volunteers. Earthchild Project creates programs that complement the academic curriculum helping to develop practical skills for healthy and holistic living. Skills such as stress management techniques or permaculture to use at school and integrate into their home lives. They are currently in 8 schools in Khayelitsha and Lavender Hill, facilitating over 2,000 children. You will be based at the office in Muizenberg.
Have a look!
The values of our Earthchild Project are to connect, cultivate and inspire – whether it be the children they work with, the teachers, themselves or anyone else on whom they can have a positive impact. Earthchild Project believes in a holistic approach to life and being mindful and conscious of how we live our lives. Earthchild Project’s work requires efficient SEO practices in order to impact as many humans as they can.
During your internship you will be tasked with:
- Managing Google AdWords and social media platforms
- Increasing web traffic flow using Google Analytics and Google search ranking
- Manage and update WordPress website
- Assisting with monthly metrics report creation and analysis
This internship will give you the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Data capturing
- Donation platforms
- SEO practices for a non-profit
- Google AdWords and Google Grants
- Social media optimisation for a non-profit
Where You’ll Stay
Muizenberg is a seaside suburb in Cape Town. With a long white beach and fantastic opportunities to go for a surf. There are many trendy restaurants, cafes and coffee shops and a lively Friday night market. You will have plenty possibilities for outdoor activities just around the corner. And it’s only a short drive (or train trip) to visit Cape Town’s favourite tourist destinations such as Cape Point, the penguins at Boulders Beach, Table Mountain Cableway, a winelands or township tour, or Kirstenbosch Gardens. The Silver Court accommodation is a piece of home-from-home, a hop skip and a jump away from your early morning swim, surf or evening beach walk in super friendly, relaxed home.
Here you will find a secure, clean room which has morning sun. You will share your own private little bathroom with only one other guest if he/she is booked in at the same time. Amenities include:
- Private bedroom with single bed (bedding and towels are included)
- Free wireless internet access
- Shared kitchen, dining, living room areas and shared garden and back patio areas
- Tea and coffee
- A washing machine is available but you will need to provide your own washing powder. Otherwise laundry can be done for you at ZAR 50 per load.
- You have your own street entrance to the back patio and your living quarters
- Easy access to grocery store and local train station (10 min. walk away)
- No smoking house accommodation
- This is an enviro-friendly house, so please help them save water, electricity and recycle your rubbish
- Your host, Viv, is a trained and experienced tour guide! She has lots of written information which you can go through at your own leisure after which she can give advice and offer more help if needed
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Be comfortable with completing certain tasks unsupervised
- Driven and motivated to learn and share your knowledge with the team
- Skills and experience in SEO
- Skills and experience in online marketing
- Bring your own laptop
How to apply?
If you’re keen for this work placement and feel that you could make an impact with Earthchild Project, we’d love to hear from you! Here’s what to do:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat to you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just shoot us an email, or fill in the enquiry form. We’ll be happy to assist!
When can you start making an impact?
You can start your internship with Earthchild Project every week, so your final starting date is based on what suits you and Earthchild Project the best.
Fees for 2017
At Roots we do everything we can to make your work placement experience smooth and hassle-free. We offer an all-inclusive service, which means we will help you find the right internship (we believe we are great match makers!), help you with visa arrangements, book accommodation for you in Cape Town, give you all the pre-departure information you need before arriving, pick you up from the airport and check in with you while on your work placement to ensure you feel supported. If you are interested in another kind of accommodation please let us know. You can come for any length of time (min 8 weeks) – the prices below are a guide but we can send you an exact quote depending on the duration of your internship.
- 8 weeks – as from USD 1,614
- 12 weeks – as from USD 2,146
- 16 weeks – as from USD 2,678
What is included in the fee?
- Full accommodation rental fees.
- Transfer from Cape Town International airport to your accommodation and back on arrival and departure day.
- Placement fee (USD 550) for finding you the right internship, assistance with your visa, organizing accommodation and transport, preparations and support to you and host organisation before, during and after your placement.
What is not included in the fee?
- Flights to Cape Town
- Visa, medical and travel insurance costs for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- Meals, drinks, snacks and items of personal nature (f.e. curios, gifts, clothing).
- Costs for additional excursions or activities