Use your gaming know-how to propel social change!
Do you have a keen interest in gaming, and a desire to enable your skills for social good? We have the perfect opportunity for you! Join us at a grassroots NGO as a remote intern where you will build a digital fundraising strategy focused on the gaming industry.
You’ll be part of a well established nonprofit that’s on a mission to lift youth out of poverty through education, health projects, and job creation. This organization is currently expanding its fundraising strategy into the world of gaming, which has a wealth of funding potential. And that’s where you’ll come in as an intern! You’ll help explore and identify the potential, formulate a strategy, and actively pursue funding opportunities within the gaming and esports multiverse.
This internship is an excellent chance to get practical fundraising experience, learn about the nonprofit sector, and use your specific knowledge of gaming to support an important cause. To apply, you’ll need to have some solid know-how of the online gaming world, great communication skills, and a passion for social development work.
|Fundraising in the Gaming World|
|Min. 8 Weeks|
Based in South Africa, this nonprofit organization focuses on youth development in vulnerable communities through education, youth wellbeing, empowering girls and improved livelihoods. They work in communities across Southern and East Africa; communities that lack access to education, health services, nutritious food or safe places to play. Without these basic necessities, it is difficult for young people to feel empowered or to better themselves.
This nonprofit prides itself in working on a grassroots level and carefully identifying the individual needs of each community they work in. They limit their reach to a smaller number of communities concentrating their efforts on building trust, nurturing lasting relationships and ensuring the sustainability of their involvement in each community. This ensures true impact in the lives of young people.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
As a gaming intern, you’ll enjoy a variety of tasks, which can include:
- Researching and mapping out most viable entry points into the gaming/esports ecosystem for our NGO and rank for short, mid long term planning
- Detailing events, sponsorship models, partnership opportunities for income
- Establishing the channels for attracting talent to join our cause
- Designing the ‘talent journey’ for long term, enriching relationships with the Foundation
- Establishing a corporate sponsorship or partnership strategy for impact
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- An interest in esports industry
- Member of a few digital communities
- An interest in gaming and keen knowledge of specific games and game developers
- A passion for social impact
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from the comfort of your home. There might be the opportunity to work on the ground in 2021, if you’re interested. Please get in touch to discuss details of how this would work.
DATES & RATES
You can start your internship with this organization every week. Please keep in mind this organization is closed for several weeks of summer holiday at the end of the year.
What you’ll pay
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Personal Development Sessions
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Fundraising in the Gaming World|
|Min. 8 Weeks|
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
”I am happy to say that it was a pleasure working with Roots! Thanks a lot for getting me the remote monitoring & evaluation internship, it was really a good experience! Thanks so much for constantly checking if things were okay and enjoyable!Ariane, RwandaMonitoring & Evaluation Internship, Rwanda
- Sharpen your gaming skills by taking on a variety of tasks
- Be part of a well-established nonprofit organization, and gain a good understanding of the day to day running of their programs
- Contribute to an important cause
- Have the flexibility of working remotely or in person
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!