Remote Digital Marketing Internship
Gain practical work experience in the digital marketing field during this online internship.
You’ll be part of a digital marketing agency based in Johannesburg, South Africa, which offers pro bono services to local grassroots nonprofit organisations. As a digital marketing intern, you’ll become a large part of their small team, and through a wide ranging amount of tasks, you can expect to gain a good overall insight into communications and marketing within a nonprofit context. This online internship is a great opportunity to gain confidence in your abilities, boost your resume, and contribute to important causes at the same time.
As a remote digital marketing intern, you’ll develop skills in the following areas:
- Communication strategies
- Digital marketing in a nonprofit setting
- Brand development
- Content management
- Organisation Digital Marketing agency
- Work Focus Marketing, Fundraising, Brand development
- Length of Internship Min. 4 weeks
- Fee USD 375
During this online digital marketing internship, you’ll be part of Digital Butter, a small agency based in Johannesburg. Besides working with corporate companies, Digital Butter is proud to offer free consultancy services to a number of social development and environmental organisations in South Africa. Many charitable organisations are underfunded and under-resourced, and a lack of digital marketing skills often results in a lack of funding. Digital Butter is passionate about upskilling the nonprofit sector, and they help implement and manage communication and marketing strategies, and online fundraising campaigns.
During this remote digital marketing internship, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of digital marketing and fundraising for Digital Butter’s nonprofit clients. Your tasks can be adapted according to your skills, experience, and desired learning outcomes, but they are likely to include the following;
- Helping develop social media strategies for nonprofit organizations
- Managing social media channels
- Assisting with designing and running online fundraising campaigns
- Assisting with brand development
- Helping run email marketing campaigns
- Assisting with web design and development
As this is a remote internship, you’ll have the flexibility to work from your own home! Should you want to spend part of your internship in Johannesburg, this is an option too; the set up is flexible and up to you.
The requirements for applicants for this remote creative writing internship are;
- Strong written and verbal
- English skills
- Some experience in content writing
- Some experience in digital marketing and communications is an advantage
- An interest in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to work well independently
The Application Proces
If you’d like to apply for this remote writing internship, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Application form (it will show in a slider pop-up!) and send us your CV.
- If we might have a placement available for you, we’ll chat with you on the phone or Skype to go through your application and make sure it’s a good match.
- We’ll set up a call between you and the person who would be your supervisor during the work placement.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the placement fee, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your internship.
- Only once we receive payment of the placement fee, your internship will be confirmed.
The start dates for this internship are flexible; we will discuss the options with you during the application process.
Internship Placement Fee
You’ll pay a once-off placement fee of $375. This covers for the following;
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Troubleshooting if needed.
Optional Extra: Academic Guidance
At an additional fee of $75 a month, you’ll receive monthly sessions with a local lecturer, who will support you in placing your work experience in the context of your academic course, and assist you with any report writing and/or research you’re required to do.