Help this NGO spread high quality education across the African continent with your digital marketing skills.
If you’re a marketing or communications major, or you’re looking for work experience in these fields, this virtual digital marketing internship could be a great opportunity for you. You’ll join a well established nonprofit organization that’s dedicated to spreading access to high quality education across the African continent. While the organization is based in Johannesburg, South Africa, you’ll have the flexibility of doing this internship remotely.
As a digital marketing intern, you can expect a varied portfolio of opportunities. Depending on your skills and experience, you’ll design and run online campaigns, manage social media channels, and assist with developing an overall digital marketing and communications strategy. You’ll also be able to get involved in fundraising research and activities.
You’ll be guided by an experienced team, and you can expect to gain a good understanding of the role of digital marketing within a nonprofit context.
|Cape Town, South Africa|
|Facilitation, Research, Reporting, Monitoring, Education, Tree planting|
Education Africa, which was founded in 1992, is dedicated to alleviating poverty through education. Founded on the notion that high quality education can lead to real change, this South African nonprofit organization is on a mission to prepare young people for the job market. Education Africa has a track record of delivering successful projects, and has had the support of individuals like Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu.
The organization’s current projects include:
- UNISA Certificate Programs
- Early Childhood Development
- Education Africa Model UN
- Walter Sisulu Scholarship Fund
- International Arts & Culture
Education Africa is a registered nonprofit in five countries, including South Africa, USA, England, Austria and Germany. The potential for growth and social impact is large.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
Your tasks during this communications internship might vary depending on your experience, but you’ll likely be doing some of the following;
- Helping with social media management and strategy
- Analyzing current digital media strategy and assisting with making improvements
- Writing blog content and running email campaigns
- Connecting with publications to sharing the work Education Africa is doing
- Writing funding proposals and impact reports
- Sending out monthly emails through MailChimp
- Doing fundraising research
- Connecting with global companies and potential partners
- Assisting with running online fundraising campaigns and platforms
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ideally some experience marketing, content writing, or communications
- A passion for the work Education Africa does
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from home. You’ll connect virtually with your colleagues in South Africa through regular meetings and check-ins.
DATES & RATES
You can start your internship with this organization every week. Please keep in mind this organization is closed for several weeks of summer holiday at the end of the year.
What you’ll pay
Remote internship USD 475 placement fee
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Personal Development Sessions
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Digital Marketing, Social Media, Writing, Fundraising|
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with a well established nonprofit with further growth potential
- Get practical experience in various aspects of digital marketing, communications, and partnership management
- Gain insights into the nonprofit sector in an African context
- Gain international work experience while working from home
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!